Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 5 is receiving a modest update and two packs of downloadable content (DLC) next week. GT Planet shared these changes and features:
- New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
- An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
- Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
- Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
- Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
- 12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
- Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
- Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.
The “Speed Test Pack” will include the new “Special Stage Route X Oval,” revealed in a recent Honda NSX Concept video, and Car Pack 3 will include these six new vehicles:
- Nissan Leaf G 2011
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
- Volkswagen [Beetle] 1200 1966
- Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
- Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
- Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011
GT Planet also found this source, which states Car Pack 3 will be priced at approximately $5, and the “Speed Test Pack” will be priced at approximately $4. These packs will be available at least in Asia on January 18, 2012. Computers and Video Games is reporting the same date for Europe. No US date has been announced yet, but it can be expected around the same time.
[Source: GT Planet]