Project CARS Build 291 has been released for Team Members+. No big news items this week, just plenty of updates and fixes. For more information refer to the official Project CARS Build 291 thread on WMD Portal.
Build 291 (31/8/12, Team Member+)
Added support for save/load of attached camera state
* After session join and after host migration, each member will periodically ask the session admin for session setup, if it’s not received automatically. The setup message can be lost under certain timing scenarios
* Implemented very basic validation of game setup to at least force an existing track and vehicle (for now)
Added getters to track and vehicle list to return an id of a random track or vehicle
360 Session Create/Search/Join work and mesh connections for 2 players – Host/Client
Eifelwald – texture update
Corrected new glow billboard technique name to match runtime shader
Eifelwald foliage update, instances texturemapsimproved and resolution increased, materials tweaked, generic instances trees, treewall colorcorrected
New billboard glow shader specifically for trackside lamps
Monterey:New textures for Glass building asset
Pagani Zonda R glass texture update
Pagani Zonda R max file. CPIT materials updates
Pagani Huayra max file. Minor fix
Pagani Huayra max file. Minor CPIT mirror stretching fix
Pagani Huayra files for partners livery for Pagani video. Gold wheels textures added
New Pagani Huayra export
New Pagani Zonda R export
New Bologna export
New Eifelwald export
Build 290 (30/8/12, Senior manager)
Fixed debug menu command to enumerate game sessions, which was failing due to an incorrect state test
* Added more asserts verifying that certain events happen only when they’re supposed to
* Implemented API for kicking users and for promotion / demotion
* Implemented getters of current settings for UI
* Implemented callbacks for UI that fire when an important event happens
Increased the local port range for sockets used to communicate with game servers, to allow running more test clients on the same machine
Modified tree shader again to fix distant black Eucalyptus on Bathurst
Bathurst – new garage interior texture
Monterey. Tweaked/new textures & PSD file
Build 289 (29/8/12, Manager+)
Online support session:
* Improved management of the session admin member for host migration
* When session admin is changed on host migration, the new admin will no longer automatically send game setup to all members. Instead, the members will query the setup from the new admin once they learn about the admin change. This prevents a problem that setup messages from a new admin would sometimes reach session members before they learned about the admin change, resulting in the messages being ignored
* API to set player’s setup (e.g. vehicle) to be used in the session no longer modifies the setup directly; instead, the change request is sent to the session admin, who will verify the request, and if all is OK, will send the changed data
* Added callback system to the online support session
* Added debug UI commands to change local user’s vehicle
Switched to v0.11.386 of the Fanatec SDK. No longer requires admin rights to enable extended features
Base setup for Render Tasks system
Racer V8: Raised collision mesh and reduced underbody stiffness to adress flipping on striking kerbs
Bathurst – new garage interior texture
Formula Rookie: suspension animations, AO and Ultra detail setup
Modified ambient boost multiplier to require explicit confirmation control, to prevent errors with missing default parameter support (fixes red distant trees on Bathurst)
Monterey. New textures/PSD files. 1st commit
Sakitto crowds – improved
Belgian Forest – add new and improve existiing textures for old pitbuilding
wtc edit – near fog pushed back from 0 to 60 in all rainy conditions to sort the dodgy colour bug on ps3
New Formula Rookie export
New Bathurst export
Build 288 (27/8/12, Senior manager)
New viewer placeable trackside cars
Updated physics system to reset custom PhysX memory allocator stats instead of recreating whole allocator.
Corrected gaiter cockpit component naming to work with new restricted naming convention
Removed asserts in flag detection that expect waypoints to be defined. This allows the system to run (though not work) even on very early wip tracks.
* Added game and user setup parameters to OnlineSupport_Session.
* Added state variables to OnlineSupport_Session, remembering DS and session connection state and a few similar pieces of information, and simpler handlers of joined/left server, joined/left session, user joined/changed/left.
* Added events used for synchronization of game setup and user setup for a particular session.
* Added synchronization of game setup and user setup in session as users join the session.
* Added API for changing the game and user setup, including triggering resynchronization when something is changed.
* Added g_OnlineSession macro, allowing direct access to the session component of online support. Removed most debugging session proxy functions in online support, replaced the calls to use g_OnlineSession directly.
* Online Support session remembers user id and name for each session member.
* Added Online Support API for server enumeration, joining, leaving.
* Added Online Support API for game session enumeration, joining, creating, leaving.
* Debug menu can join any session by index, not just the first.
Project CARS Screenshots
[ Source: WMD Portal ]